Thursday, April 23, 2015

Heard Museum Shops' Annual Spring Sale is THIS Weekend!



Find that perfect gift for family, friends or just yourself at the Heard Museum Shops' Annual Spring Sale. This twice-yearly shopping event offers discounts on the finest authentic American Indian artwork.

Non-members will save 10% on most items* from katsina dolls and jewelry to baskets, textiles, pottery and fine art. Heard Museum members save an additional 10% on purchases – for a total of 20% in savings.

Not a member? That's okay! You can add a membership, on the spot and will receive your membership discount immediately
The sale starts Friday at 9:30 A.M. in-shop and at midnight at www.heardshop.com! The sale won't end until Sunday at 5:00 P.M. in-shop and midnight online. 

Don't forget, we only carry one-of-kind pieces so be sure to stop or click-in sooner than later.
*Consignment and sale items are ineligible for additional discounts.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Katsina Doll Marketplace is this weekend!

The Heard Museum is thrilled to announce the 14th Annual Katsina Doll Marketplace!

This event is the nation's largest gathering of Hopi katsina doll carvers and is an amazing opportunity to meet some of the most prominent carvers working today. Long time collectors and those who are just getting started can purchase traditional and contemporary style dolls directly from the artists. Come meet the carvers as well as enjoy musical performances, carving demonstrations and more!

This year's featured carver is Michael Dean Jenkins (Hopi/ Pima) who donated his carving to be auctioned off as part of the event. One lucky ticket will win this Whipper katsina doll, plus a poster of the event autographed by all the attending carvers! This doll is valued at $2,800!

The lucky person with the winning ticket wins this exquisite doll by Michael Dean Jenkins (Hopi/ Pima)


Tickets are available in the shop and cost $2.00 each or 6 for $10.00. You can come in or call our main shop line at 602-252-8344 to order over the phone. You do not need to be present to win. 

While at the market, enjoy the Hopi performance group Thunderboy, who will perform at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. in the Freeport McMoRan Plaza in front of Steele Auditrium, featuring Hopi clowns. 

Thunderboy preforming at a previous year's Katsina Doll Marketplace: Photo by Jewel Clark
This dynamic group is back by popular demand and is not to be missed! 


Event Details

Date: Saturday, April 11
Time: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Cost: Free

Place: 
Central Courtyard, Freeport-McMoRan Plaza, Steele Auditorium